- Maintenance Personnel
- Safety Professionals
- Managers, Supervisors
- Maintenance Managers
- Anyone responsible for the supervision and safety of others who work at heights in communication or lift towers
This Tower Climbing Competent Person course uses a combination of classroom and hands-on fieldwork to train workers in the use of fall protection and rescue systems. Students learn in a hands-on environment
- Self-retracting lifelines
- Horizontal lifelines and vertical lifelines
- Rope grabs & Ladder safety devices
- Rescue systems
Students are audited on their practical performance including demonstrating good judgment in fall protection systems and techniques. The rescue portion of this program demonstrates the VSI Tower Rescue Kit. The kit provides a safe and simple solution to operations that have workers climbing towers that are long distances from organized emergency response teams.
- Course Length: Two days (16 hours)
- 1 instructor per 8 students
- Pre-requisite: Tower I – II or equivalent experience
- An annual refresher is recommended.